Wednesday, May 11, 2011

This and that...

My daughter's birthday was yesterday and we celebrated on Friday with her friends. When I asked her what kind of a cake she wanted, she drew a picture for me so that I would be sure to get it right! Hahaha! She wanted blue with stripes and polka dots so that's what we did. I have a mat that you can lay on fondant and press into it to get the printed "Happy Birthday." She loved it!


I made this cake as a prize for a raffle I did at a bazaar this last weekend. It was a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and then covered in marshmallow fondant. I made the flowers out of fondant and then 'quilted' the sides.



The family that ordered this cake are HUGE Boise State fans and wanted to make sure that their one-year-old's birthday cake reflected that. (Hence the blue and orange) They liked this one so much that they've ordered a sheet cake for this weekend wit more BSU inspired decorations.

No comments: