Friday, June 3, 2011

This was Seb's 34th birthday cake. His wife wanted to surprise him with a cake that reflected his love of flying air planes. We started with a chocolate cake that had a cream cheese filling layered with fresh sliced strawberries (YUM!). Then I covered the cake in a sky blue fondant that had 'Happy Birthday' stamped onto it. After creating the runway and air field I covered a toy airplane with gum paste and made the wind sock & Happy Birthday banner, also with gum paste so that it would harden.




And another CTR cake for a baptism! The bottom is chocolate with raspberry and the top is vanilla with raspberry. After covering it in marshmallow fondant, I piped little CTR's and polka dots all over it then topped it off with a couple of cute purple fondant flowers.


Another graduation sheet cake. This time the client wanted one side to be chocolate cake with raspberry filling and the other side to be vanilla cake with pineapple filling. A little crazy, but we did it without a problem. I then covered it with a fluffy butter cream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Amy,

Thank you so much for sharing all these awesome cakes with me. I'm enjoying them so. Some of them take my breath away.

Hugs, squeezes and lots of love

Aunt Simona