Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Time to update!

An Army Barbie cake for a young lady who's enlisted for this January. She wanted to make sure that people know she's tough but still likes to be a 'girlie-girl'. She requested that I make the base color for the dress aqua-blue and then air brush some green on it to give it a little bit of a camo feel. I also made an AK47, combat boots and dog tags out of gum paste to complete the look.


I got a phone call from a woman who wanted to have me make a cake for her pastor's birthday. I laughed when she told me that he LOVES the movie Cars and so wanted a Mater cake. I made her a sheet cake and covered it in a simple butter cream frosting. Then I created the 'road' from black and grey sugar crystals. The rocks and cactus are made from fondant and Mater is a toy I picked up at the store.


A super fun baby shower cake made for Kayla. She wanted a whipped cream frosting and LOTS of fun embellishments! I made the bow from fondant, the bear, bottle, powder, rattle, etc. from Rice Krispies treats and the binkie from gum paste.



This was a fun cake to make! McKyna turned 2 and her mom wanted to have a princess themed party. So I created a pillow cake and made a crown out of gum paste and sugar gems. The original crown broke about two hours before the client came to pick up the cake so I quickly made another one and prayed that it would dry in time - and it did! HAHAHA!

No comments: